Targeted Assistant Skills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenAngel
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Targeted Assistant Skills Reply with quote
How do you choose the target of a friendly Targeted Assistant Skill like Bless or Enpowder(actually, those are the only two I think) WITHOUT using a programmed Skill chain, but just the Right-Click Skill-Ring?
Targetting an enemy with a hostile TAS like Damn is easy enough due to the white arrow, but your own party doesn't have a marker like that(that I'm aware of at least).
For me, Enpowder always simply targets the user and Bless targets the person in front of the user(or at the back if the user is in front row).
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quick-selected assistant skills currently always target Character 2.

The radial menu was a fairly recent addition to the game and it took me a while to work out all the unforseen consequences created by such a small and innocent little bit of extra code.
I had this in mind and it was mentioned after the first 1-level demo too. But I didn't want to risk adding the code close to release when I still had a lot of other testing to focus on.

This is a feature I definately want to add, I expect as a second RMB hold to drag the skill onto a character.
FallenAngel
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah ok, I thought I was missing something.
For now, I've simply made 3 single-skill chains for Enpowder and Bless, each targeting a different character.
Since I normally micromanage all skill-use through the RMB menu, I can comfortably use the 3 quickslots of Charlotte and Enshadu for this.
Jamiri
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also find that the TAS need some tweaking to be more comfortable to use. At the moment I rarely use them, because you don't really need them to win any of the battles. If they were a bit easier to use I'd certainly employ them more often.
FallenAngel
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the first few chapters you don't really need Bless or Enpowder, but in later chapters, against some specific enemies, pretty much nothing short of a Blessed, Enpowdered and Charged Knight using a full Overdrive Slay on a Damned Large enemy will bring the pain Razz
Ok, that's somewhat exaggerated, but Bless and Enpowder are very useful against enemies with unusually high armor/resistances, which tend to be immune to all normal attacks and sometimes even Charge-assisted ones(where you need to double or triple up on assist skills).
Jamiri
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, they are useful, but not a must. There's always at least one other tactic leading to victory. And those tactics are less tedious most of the time. That's why I usually don't use the TAS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: