Item Viewer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Item Viewer Reply with quote
Here is a repackaged version of the Item editor for anyone who is curious. It needs to be placed in the same directory as the main executable.

http://www.thespiritengine.com/Files/TSE2Misc/ArrayEditorItems.exe

It shows timing and strength details for item effects, and all of those items that didn't make it into the final game.
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Mark, this is great!Can you efect the in-game items by changing the values in those boxes?
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, I took out the save code. I might release a fully functional version of the skill and item editors once the game has been out for a long time.
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That will be funny Smile
YanPL-tse
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
following can be achieved only by hacking AFAIK. But, this fact don't make this data less funny, only less practical.

using items which were taken by editor from the game, priest can have 90% res at piercing and concussive.

max for magic is 57%, with knight; and 48% for priest (items only)
as for ethereal, knight can have 103%, priest 92%.

at level 30 chosen skill priest would have 37% magical res and 82% eth res; together with items it would be 85% and 174%. I'm quite sure that 48%magic res items had 18% or more eth; so priest could get 85% magic/100% eth at the same time.

lucky lady level 30 would mean 64% dodge; musketeer can stack even 32% from items. this means 96% together if I count correctly.

so; priest 1 with 90% physical res with priest 2 85%/100% and high-dodge musketeer would be hacked hardcore tankparty. If we'd replaced musketeer with fortify-using-knight we'd be like invincible (switching damage)

if anyone was interested enough to read it, check it, and, find any kind of mismatch, feel free to point it.
EDIT: Forgot to mention - why level 30? no, that's not because of skill limit in TSE1 Razz That's because of some maths involved in formulas of those two pasive skills - that's just max; and it cannot be reached with sane methods
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy Please note that any items not included in the game have not had their stats properly balanced. Resistances are also capped at 75% and I believe dodge is capped at ~85%

Additional dodge on characters is also calculated as a percentage of their current chance to be hit. So a musketeer with 64% dodge will only gain +11% dodge from +32% on items
YanPL-tse
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.tanks.yoyo.pl/Save8.zip here's a hacked save; no hatemail please, I know it's lame to hack games, but it can be aslo funny. take time to play around with it.

BTW: I didn't hacked savefile, just edited game memory. Yet, I don't know what kind of hash it (savefile) uses to check itself on loading, which means savefiles are quite safe against my attacks Razz

oh. and resistance cap is 80%, not 75%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: