Big weapons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Big weapons? Reply with quote
Will we come back to the fortress at chapter 2 later to buy the artillery piece and the hero sword or do I have to grind to get the money to buy them?
I'm playing on difficult/locked (don't know how to unlock absurd, so I went for the hardest difficulty in order to be sure to unlock absurd after finishing the game, which I assume is the way to do it)
So, I could really go for some serious damage dealing, and I want to know how to get these weapons, if I go past chapter 2.
Thanks
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
These one with the big price?You should fight more enemies to get so many credits and then come in the fortress.
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You may or may not come back to this place - but you are not intended to buy them in chapter 2.
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think he is, I also saw them.

FallenAngel
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
GiB wrote:
These one with the big price?You should fight more enemies to get so many credits and then come in the fortress.

Is that even possible?
As far as I'm aware you don't get money from defeating monsters, only from chests and as quest/minigame rewards.
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FallenAngel wrote:
GiB wrote:

Is that even possible?
As far as I'm aware you don't get money from defeating monsters, only from chests and as quest/minigame rewards.

I didnt notice this.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is correct, money is usually only found in crates and a few side-games.
Absurd is unlocked after completing the game. ( Or alternatively opening Data/Current/game.ini and setting "Completed=1" )

The rifle may or may not be a literal Chekov's Gun. Wink
http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2006/06/chekhovs_gun_revisited.html
Jamiri
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, has anyone ever bought that artillery gun then?? Is it any good? Does it make the next two chapters a piece of cake?
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doubt it's even possible to purchase the gun at that point in the game, unless you're cheating somehow. But rest assured that you'll get a chance to try it out later.

Why are you guys speaking so vaguely about the gun anyway? It's not important to the plot and this is in the spoiler forum after all.
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can't at chapter 2, I figured out that you don't gain gold from the monsters ijn this one after I posted, so, there's no way you can buy it aat this time, even without spending gold (since I haven't bought a single item in chapters 1/2 because it wasn't needed and I ended up with only like 900 or 1000 gold at this point)
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, you can buy it again near the end, both of them. The gun's pretty damn powerful, but the sword seems a bit underpowered by that point in the game--a lot of weapon level, sure, but you're past the parts of the game where you'd really need the blessing in order to punch through something's armor and other swords you'll have by then will grant you big enough bonuses to a specific skill plus much nicer bonus effects (life steal, free spirit summon, self healing, a sizable regenerating chi sheild) and defensive bonuses to mostly make colossus unnecessary. Or at least it was for me and my swordfaith-centric fighter; admittedly, on reconsideration I did an awful lot of hacking in that final leg of the game which'd be pretty strongly enhanced by a weapon level of 24.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: