Anyone playing in absurd difficulty?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mziagruo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The key to survive in absurd is a defensive strategy e am plaing with ferwin mericious and enshadu and I am using ferwin to atack and enshadu and mericious to heal/aurora but I can't kill Ick Tellot!
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congratulation and applause iamyum-tse Cool Very Happy
Quote:
One who plays this feels the difficulty even during the animal fending in world 2

right, seemed the hardest part to me until World 6 and I guess itīs also because Sprite Summon is hardly available yet
Quote:
Later memorable enemies include the crone, the city thieves+sorcerer, cloud child,...

I was more than surprised to find those actually easier with Priests than with Knights or Musketeers only (apart from Lucky Shooting the city gang), though I suspect I may not have used the best strategies then.
The Crone used to give me a lot of pain, especially the second form, with the Priests it was both first try.
Quote:
(5) Resist temptation to rush.

Yes, definetely, thatīs the key I think.

But Iīm not sure if heal is more effective than aurora/sprite. My thought was: with Priests, health is low anyway so I donīt rely on that but on the other defensive issues, chi and aurora.
Aurora seems reliable as it not only affects the whole party including the caster but also can be built up endlessly unlike health.
And chi seems pretty reliable because (though having no resistance itself) its shelter is absolute (that was bad English I guess, sorry tired....) and if you have three pools of chi it takes rather a lot of time until non-magic attacks take damage at all! And this time can be stretched by sprite summon, staggering blow and trick (or taking down an enemy, as you say).
Damn and Bless are needed to make the own attacks efficient enough.

My strategy was built up among these thoughts and Iīm anxious how far it will get me...
Quote:
Overall this was a fun, difficult, and achievable challenge. Laughing

Agree - the balancing is extremely well done IMHO Very Happy

EDIT:
ok, hereīs a full report of my Cloud Child battle:
Phase 1:
Task: surviving multiple magic and single concussive attacks while bringing down the special blue chi shield. Orders: Aurora spamming by Enshadu, Wrath by Mericious, Staggering Blow by Pyan (cave - be sure to use enemy cool down time for attacks)
Phase 2:
Task: the shield is down and you have a ridiculous short time window to harm your healthy, well-armoured but momentarily harmless opponent.
Orders: Enshadu Damns (then back to Aurora), the others Strike (concussive armour is lowest)
Switch back to Phase 1

I didnīt count but repeat at least 8 times.
Meric. and Pyan perform Sprite Summon every 2nd to 3rd round (at beginning of Phase 2). This will also shorten next Phase 1 considerably due to the full ethereal bonus !

I admit it was very close at the end - in the final Phase 2 party chi was down completely and aurora very low and Enshadu had to help with strike cause there was clearly no way to survive the next round.
But thatīs the way we like it, isnīt it? Cool

But there was also room for mistakes: I started with Enshadu performing Sprite Summon instead of Aurora which was wasted, Pyan got hurt a lot already by an early magic ball attack and had to be healed. And my first attempts during Phase 2 included Bless which also didnīt proof to be more efficient.
----------
Oh, and up till now consequently I went for all the chi-boosting items, mostly ignoring (non-magical) armour and health items.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congratulations iamyum-tse!
I'm still really enjoying this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting their strategies. It's interesting to hear about your chi-strong defense ROD.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congratulations iamyum-tse!
I'm still really enjoying this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting their strategies. It's interesting to hear about your chi-strong defense ROD.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Puuh, I was getting rather euphoric as my absurd-three-priest-chi-pushing and-sprite-summon-strategy brought me smoothly through areas I used to have great difficulties with the other homogenic teams (e.g. the chill splinter area, the animated aludge area) but now Iīm stuck at the Maw Sad
Iīm trying combination of Trick, Sprite, Heal along with some Staggering Blow but attacks are coming too frequently Iīm not getting past the last two red spiders. Right now Iīm too proud to return for lvl up fights but very open for any suggestions...

EDIT: It finally worked without additonal Lvl. by optimizing item distribution and sticking to the donīt-rush-rule (i.e. take your time for a summon sprite), but for this fight a healer was needed and some armour rings would have been more than useful (shame I didnīt get them earlier Sad )
Now Iīm out of refund points and the Ship is waiting...
iamyum-tse
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congrats on the fine strategy that sucessfully guided through difficult areas!!

The Maw is indeed a difficult fight for the priest trio. For other absurd parties, I've always aimed at having 3 red spiders in the end and take them out one at a time. For the priest party, this didn't work out with the frequent attacks like you mentioned (and after numerous failure attempts). What worked for me was take out one spider-chain (blue-green-red) completely in the beginning, try to reduce the ther two spider chains to red. 60 seconds breathing time wasn't enough to accomplish this, but it was close. I repeated this until I get 2 red + 1 newly resurrected chain. I took out the last red spider with single digit time left on the resurrection clock Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: