Dark Souls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delmaschio
Human

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Dark Souls Reply with quote
Greetings,
I'm Raphael Delmaschio, a Indie fellow, I have just released my debut RPG, Dark Souls, I spoke with Mark and he agreed to let me promote my game in the forum. I'm a fan of The Spirit Engines' series just like you, I know you are very supportive with the game, so I thought that maybe you guys could support my game as well.

The story of a man, haunted by his violent, mercenary past and seeking a peace long denied him, talked into taking what he believes is a simple job as a bodyguard for an introverted girl with divine power and her hardline guardian. Soon however, he finds himself thrust into events beyond his control on a global scale, and must use his wits and skills to survive.

- Over 20 hours of gameplay
- 40 areas to explore
- 6 playable characters
- Intriguing storyline
- Sidequests & Secrets

Visit the website!
http://www.warfarestudios.com
[/code]
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dark Souls looks like a interesting game, the parts in where you travel looks quite nice. What I don't like as much is the character profile the image looks a little bit plane, while in combat the characters don't look very detailed or the creature. The background should match more with the characters like the first two images. I'm sorry if I'm sounding really negative but these are just my thoughts, you can take them or just think to your self this guy is an idiot I don't care. Other then that it looks like a fun game with real depth, hope you have great success.
Delmaschio
Human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the input.
I'll take all of your thoughts into consideration, you can rest assured of that.

As a matter of fact I'm already working on Dark Souls II, it won't be a direct sequel though, and I'm improving a lot of things, graphics, soundtrack and fun factor!

You can have a look at the Development Thread in my community, if you want:
http://www.warfarestudios.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=200

Thank you very much for your comments!
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My pleasure hope Dark Souls 2 is a success, the story already has drawn me in.
Delmaschio
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you again. Very Happy
Stay tuned, Dark Souls II is coming out very soon.
AlphaPrey
Human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
To me, Dark Souls looks very much like a mix of Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire and Golden Sun. Reminds me of the good old days...
Delmaschio
Human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I can't say about Golden Sun, I played the game only for a few hours, even though my father and brother did played them both to the end.

As for Final Fantasy and Breath of Fire, those are certainly sources of inspiration to me. Personally I think the RPGs were much better at the end of the Snes era and beginning of PSone's era.

Anyway, I hope you try the game and enjoy it, thank you for your kind comments, I really appreciate it. Now, Dark Souls II is coming along very nicely the game will be released on October the 10th, make sure to have a look:
http://warfarestudios.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=200
Delmaschio
Human

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Greetings,
I just wanted to let everyone know that Dark Souls II is 3 days away from being released! I decided to make an exclusive release for the community on the 6th!

In the meantime you can have a look at the development thread, there are new screenshots as of now:
http://warfarestudios.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=200

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: