Final Boss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novelweapons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Final Boss Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I work at a recording studio and have been chipping away at TSE2 for last last two months in my free time on my work computer. It is excellent! The combat is top-notch, really impressive stuff. The story and characters are equally compelling, despite the occasionally ham-fisted dialog.

And now, for my question:

I've arrived at the game's final boss and I'll be damned if I can even put a dent in the bastard before my party bites the dust. I found all of the other boss battles in this game very manageable on normal difficulty, it generally just took a couple of tries and some serious forethought. Not so with this bastard -- the never-ending wall of concussive damage, coupled with constant magic attacks on my mage (who can't heal himself and can't cast aurora because he's too busy healing the rest of my party) spell certain defeat within minutes. I have the standard assorted party: one fighter, ranger and mage. I'm nearly on my 25th attempt at defeating him and decided that enough is enough: how the hell do I kill this thing?

Thanks everyone.

And thanks Mark, for releasing my favorite side-scrolling rpg since the NES/SNES glory days.
DesertDweller
Human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so I just went back and beat it on Normal without too much difficulty. Here's basically what I did.

At first, when the concussive and magical damage is raining down on you, put your swordsman (denever in my case) in front and use recover and brace. brace to prevent too much damage received from concussive and recover when necessary. Musketeer should be using powder imps constantly or Smokescreen (if you have Grace...um...then use Smokescreen, maybe use her as a meat shield because Denever will need more time to recover since there's no powder imps; she will be much useful in just a second so wait it out Smile ) Priest obviously should be doing Aurora. You might stop to heal if absolutely necessary so that your musketeer and knight don't fall. (they shouldn't be falling at this stage)

Then when Batiste comes out and has those two shield things, set your musketeer to do lucky shot, priest to aurora, and knight to brace and recover in front, again, rotating your priest and musketeer occasionally in front to make sure your knight doesn't rack up a huge damage multiplier.

For me, the closer shield object always fell first. Just before that, I would use swordfaith to balance out the second time so they fall almost at the same time.

Then you basically have two rounds to blast away.

First: Bless knight, Black Bullet, and Charge
Second: Damn (or Wrath/Heal/Aurora if you have Pyan-Pau, tough though), Enpowder knight, and Swordfaith/slay (I think swordfaith works better but I don't remember the armor stats)

You should have a tad bit of extra time to begin Aurora/Heal, overdrive Lucky Shot or do some Powder Imps if you want, Brace and Recover. If you find yourself left with only one shield at full health and the other down, it's usually better to heal and wait it out so you can start on them both at the same time again.

In this stage, if your knight is full health and bored, you can throw in a thunderstrike to speed up the process. Just make sure that NOBODY FALLS and you should be good, however slow you have to go.

After that, you basically do the same thing but without magic attacks being done on you, so no Aurora, more Healing, and...yeah.

The last section where it's just Batiste, I think it's almost funny how I survived. I was really close, just one attack short of losing Scrappy or whatever his name is with Isabelle, thereby losing the battle.

But I had Charlotte, and Charlotte had Smokescreen.

Smokescreen. Smokescreen. Smokescreen. With a dodge ring or two, Charlotte's chance of dodging is about 2/3. Smokescreen is a second shot, so another 2/3. For Batiste to win both times is 1/3 * 1/3 is 1/9 times, so Charlotte was hardly touched. Make sure she has healing or something.

Basically I had Scrappy defeat Batiste while the rest of us tried to survive. It also didn't hurt to have a random meteor strike down every once in a while. Smile (how it got inside there I don't know...)

With a little bit of micromanagement and these tips I hope it isn't too hard. The ending is really nice, especially with Mericious and Denever, both of whom read the Bible. Their interaction was well written.
novelweapons

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you thank you thank you! Your very detailed instructions allowed me to finally destroy him and finish the game. I reached the ending with Enshadu, Ferwin and Ionae at level 92. What a party to choose! The constant bickering was a never-ending source of entertainment Smile
DesertDweller
Human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha no problem. I'm actually doing a Hard run right now with the exact same party you have. Basically Anyone + Ionae = lots of bickering. Smile
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The last boss imo is the easiest, powder imp for the win my rifler did nothing but powder imps Very Happy Laughing the meteor and isabella's tank really helps to remove those "shield things".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: