The Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: The Story Reply with quote
Hi, I'm currendly playing the game with 4 parties, I finished it with one of them in hard, and I'm doing the 3 other in easy/normal/absurd. Each of these 3 are at the beginning of chapter 5 so far.

I'm really enjoying the changes in the story depending on your party, for exemple the "romance" between kaltos and charlotte.

Which brings me to my point :

I'd like to know if it would be possible to have a button included to instant win the battles (have one check/uncheck in the party menu for exemple, or add one in battle to press) in order to totally skip the battles and just enjoy the story.

I really like the game, but you often find yourself forgetting about small details, and you have no way to get back several chapters before. Adding such a possibility would permit the players to check about them rapidly, and for those who finished the game with a lot of parties, to learn about the story with the others (9 different "major" parties may be too much to test every one, since the game is already relatively long, just playing with 6 of the parties would represent 90 Hours of play, leaving 45 hours for the other 3, not counting the many reloading and the fadct that if you really want to see everything, there's much more than 9 parties to do)

I think it would be a great feature to allow it, even if it's a secret one to be unlocked after completing the game 3 times for exemple (like completing it once to unlock absurd.)

Whatever you'll do, thanks anyway for the great game ^^ (and I can't cease to be amazed at the story. The more I discover it with different characters, the more I enjoy the little subtilities and changes between them.)

Last edited by FurryRage on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestion FurryRage. I understand and agree with the intent, but I'm not sure on the implementation. I'll give it some thought. It would be simpler to enable the level-skip debug controls for such an option.

For now, I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but here's a cut-down version of the script editor:

http://www.thespiritengine.com/Files/TSE2Misc/ArrayEditorScript.exe

The ordering of some scenes has become complicated and there's some cut junk material still in the files.
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll try to see what I can do with it.
Thanks a lot anyway, I hope you'll be able to do it.
For the story, I think that if you don't put a way to skip battles, I'll just finish my 3 other parties, without playing the rest, the game is great but I'm not a maniac xD (and anyway I'll have to get back to work in a week, I'll have less free time)
I really hope you'll come up with something.

EDIT : ok I tested the editor, it's good but kinda difficult to understand without context ^^
I'll give it a go if you don't add a battle skip feature, but for now I prefer to wait.
Chandranath
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: battle timer Reply with quote
i have a suggestion for the battle timer can it either be slowed down for both partys or removed ive spent about half an hour on one battle so far you all probably against the idea or think im a newb but im serious its the only downfall on the game so far
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Chandranath,

Which battle timer are you referring to?

- The overall speed of the slowest speed setting for all battles? ( the turtle )
- The time limited battles in chapters 6 or 9?
- The recovery timer for monsters?
- Something else?

Thanks,

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: