Still thinking of this great game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you (re)play The Spirit Engine on a smartphone?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AlphaPrey
Human

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Still thinking of this great game Reply with quote
Every now and then, I'll be thinking of something, or playing a game or listening to a tune and something reminds me of this game. I keep thinking a portable version for smartphones would be great, especially how they've rereleased older games onto the app stores recently like Dink Smallwood and Baulders Gate. If you ever do port it, it might even motivate you to try make TSE3 haha!

I'm not expecting a response, as these forums are long dead, but rather want to make a statement and say thanks again for these two great games
Very Happy
Sir Palamides
Human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would definitely replay it. Ans so would other people. TSE and TSE2 are gems. I am pretty sure that if they would be re-released on consoles or smartphones (or even steam for that matter)they would sell quite well. Not as well as those casual games but thats always the case with high quality games like TSE.

Still, I think it would still be worth it moneywise. With a multi-platform engine like Unity it would not even be a big deal.
Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dream of the day it appears on Steam and gets the recognition it deserves, and Mark gets a truckload of money. I'm weird like that.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys! It's amazing to see you posting here, thanks for the support! Very Happy

Porting old Multimedia Fusion games onto mobile devices would be a long and painful process. It might even be impossible, as some of the plugins that were used are unlikely to work cross-platform. Sad That's why I haven't ported TSE2 despite the interest in it. Back when I was developing the games, Windows desktop was the only platform that seemed credible for indie developers. Now of course there's so many opportunities with consoles, Steam, mobile devices, browser games etc.

I hope to get back into games development in the future, and when I do I'll make sure that any new games are developed with other platforms in mind.

Thanks again, you guys are the best!
devastator-tse
Human

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've thought about trying out TSE1 custom builds since I have MMF1.5 and the plugins (thanks Wayback Machine!), but every time I usually go to compile the source for TSE1, it would take me to 'The Engine Of Wonderment' (a test level) instead of Char1,2&3's cutscenes :/

Perhaps I could try using CF2.5 Dev + the export modules--surprisingly, the old plugins required are available in the plugin store, though I haven't tried TSE1 with CF2.5 yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: