My RPG project

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DBAce9Aura
Human


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: My RPG project Reply with quote
Hi, everybody, I'm just working on a pencil and paper RPG of my own, it will NOT be published...ever, because i hate it when publishers cut out all the good elements of your game and turn it into garbage. Anyway, i'll start off the description with the player stats:

HP: Your health (obviously)
MP: Your spell energy
SP: Your will, consumed from physical attacks
ATK: Physical offense
DEF: Physical endurance
MGC: Magical offense
WIS: Stamina recovery rate, success rate of physical attacks, resistance against non-elemental attacks

One more part of the description, and i'll save it until another post. The enemy races:

Stereotype: Consists of knights, warriors, mages, clerics, etc.
Nature: Consists of insects, plants, animals, etc.
Humanoid: Consists of anything that stands on two legs
Omenair: Consists of creatures from another dimension
Object: Consists of objects animated by magic
Spirit: Consists of elementals, phantoms, etc.
Mythical: Consists of creatures ripped from mythology
Mechanical: Consists of machine-like enemies
Crossbreed: Consists of creatures formed from merging other creatures into one
Guardian: Mini-boss enemies
Legend: Boss enemies

Any comments?


Last edited by DBAce9Aura on Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cruz-tse
Human


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 44
Location: The Arcane Library - Ancient History Branch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

*claps slowly*

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

*claps faster than ever before*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mark Pay
Site Admin


Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 624
Location: Margate, UK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like a good start. Designing mechanics at this stage is a lot of fun.

I'm a fan of tabletop gaming myself. It's so low tech, but I enjoy it considerably more than online gaming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number
DBAce9Aura
Human


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It gets better, i planned for the item mods for the weapons, armor, and accesories. Here are a few examples of the items with such mods:

Shadowwielding Warlock Tome of Racism
Titanium Plate Armor of Offense
Jeweled Runestone of Life

I have seperate NotePad documents to cover all the other bits of info, provided anyone wants to see them via email.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DBAce9Aura
Human


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting update folks: There'll be two versions of this game, one of them has pretty much what i described in the previous posts and more, another one will have entirely different features, system, but have similar enemies, dungeons, and areas to explore. Here are the names of the two versions:

*Alliance version: Contains all i just described
*Dynasty version: Contains features that're far from finalized
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cruz-tse
Human


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 44
Location: The Arcane Library - Ancient History Branch

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DBAce9Aura wrote:
Interesting update folks: There'll be two versions of this game, one of them has pretty much what i described in the previous posts and more, another one will have entirely different features, system, but have similar enemies, dungeons, and areas to explore. Here are the names of the two versions:

*Alliance version: Contains all i just described
*Dynasty version: Contains features that're far from finalized

nice

a few pictures/screenshots please? lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DBAce9Aura
Human


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your post, unfortunately, is a tad overdue, since these two things merged into one somehow and is now one project (it's a very LONG story, one i don't wanna burden anybody with). As for screenshots, the graphics need finalizing before they can be reveiled, and since i have no website, i wouldn't be able to post'em up. As for what it now is, well, i'll just start off with the stats (along with what they determine)

HP: Your life force (reduced when damage is received)
MP: Your mystic energy (reduced when using spells or techs)
ATK: Your physical strength (affects damage dealt from techs or regular attacks)
DEF: Your physical endurance (affects damage received from regular attacks)
MGC: Your mystic power (affects damage dealt from spells or techs)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cruz-tse
Human


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 44
Location: The Arcane Library - Ancient History Branch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DBAce9Aura wrote:
Your post, unfortunately, is a tad overdue, since these two things merged into one somehow and is now one project (it's a very LONG story, one i don't wanna burden anybody with). As for screenshots, the graphics need finalizing before they can be reveiled, and since i have no website, i wouldn't be able to post'em up. As for what it now is, well, i'll just start off with the stats (along with what they determine)

HP: Your life force (reduced when damage is received)
MP: Your mystic energy (reduced when using spells or techs)
ATK: Your physical strength (affects damage dealt from techs or regular attacks)
DEF: Your physical endurance (affects damage received from regular attacks)
MGC: Your mystic power (affects damage dealt from spells or techs)


ohh ok

good luck anyway
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DBAce9Aura
Human


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still no screenshots, yet. Still polishing the visuals (aka, making them better). I kinda had to repolish the game mechanics though and decided to take some few pointers from such games as Dark Cloud (weapon development), as well as Lufia 2 (battle interface), and especially the Zelda series (open-ended exploration). This isn't exactly an accurate description of what my game project will be, but it's close
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cruz-tse
Human


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 44
Location: The Arcane Library - Ancient History Branch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DBAce9Aura wrote:
Still no screenshots, yet. Still polishing the visuals (aka, making them better). I kinda had to repolish the game mechanics though and decided to take some few pointers from such games as Dark Cloud (weapon development), as well as Lufia 2 (battle interface), and especially the Zelda series (open-ended exploration). This isn't exactly an accurate description of what my game project will be, but it's close


:O

grrr.....

YOU MAKE ME JEALOUS!

lol.....

*wishes you good luck again*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DBAce9Aura
Human


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WOW!!

It's been ages since i lasted posted something here. Anyway, my project's received major changes since last time.

*Planned an icon-based menu system (NOT like the Mana series)
*Spirit-tapping (still polishing this)
*Simplified equipment system (rings, bracelets, shields and amulets are the basis of equipment) in a lousy attempt to one day attract casual gamers into it
*Reworked battle system(icon based)/character growth system(partially in the vein of TSE-1 and TSE-2)/actual setting (setting's a mixture of Celtic and Babylonian mythology)
*All previously mentioned systems have been cropped out all together (Sorry)

One more thing: www.stencyl.com , this will be the game making program that i'll use once it's released
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group