Xbox 360: XBLA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoogle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360: XBLA? Reply with quote
Have the devs of spirit engine ever considered having their game on the XBLA market place? it would most likely sell like hot cakes on there and i know they are looking for indie devs all the time.
Jimbob
Human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doubt it's feasible at the moment. You have to write it in XNA for it to be playable on the XBox (and made available on the XBLA service) as far as I recall and at the moment that seems like a long and painful shot to take.

Pigs might still fly though, I'm holding out for that... Wink
Smoogle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand what your saying i have my fingers crossed that one day we will see these two bad boys on live but for now i'll enjoy them on my PC.

I can see The spirit engine being a big XBLA franchise sort of like a Suikedon game.
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha I'd be up to porting the TSE engine in C# for XBLA if Mark wouldn't mind converting the assets, but again... what are the chances of this happening. I think the consensus is that we want to put this to rest... but who doesn't like making hordes of cash!?

But then again, the standards are rough:
What kind of games is Xbox LIVE Arcade looking for?

1. Full game experience the game must be complete and stand on its own
2. Less than 150MB in size
3. Original and innovative gameplay
4. Playable without physical media or other dependencies No instruction manual should be required. The game should be approachable. Easy to learn, hard to master
5. Pick-up-and-play Xbox LIVE Arcade games are meant to be fast and fun, not exact substitutes for retail games
6. Free Trial Version with limited but entertaining gameplay the game must be purchased to unlock the full version of the game
7. Plugs into Xbox LIVE Arcade around-the-game experiences includes out-of-game leaderboards, achievements and gamerscore, and cross-game invites
8. Clearly defined audience titles enjoyed by both hardcore and casual gamers are especially desired
9. Features social experiences, novel uses of camera, compelling uses of PDLC, compelling visual experiences are all pluses, though they should be used appropriately within the context of the game being developed

--
EDIT:
It looks like the XNA is the better solution. I'd actually like to have a hand at making a stupid little game in XNA for windows to have my try at it. I don't have an Xbox360 (or the membership needed to test games on it, for that matter) though, so that makes that idea rough. But if it's something we seriously considered than that'd be neat.

Again, don't take anything I say seriously. Mark's words are the only words you should take seriously on these sorts of matters related to the game itself. I'm just the monkey who writes the music. (;
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Snoogle,

Unfortunately, I don't think that either game will ever be seen on XBLA. Because both are built on the Multimedia Fusion authoring tool, the entire game would have to be rewritten from scratch in C#. That's a tremendous amount of work, and especially painful for the first game which I cannot bear to look at anymore. Wink

Thanks for the question, sorry to let you down.
Jimbob
Human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Twi if your university is part of it, try the Dreamspark programme by Microsoft. You get a free 12 month creator club account and free Visual C# software... (not just the Express version). Might help out...
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha, my university wasn't really a part of it, you just have to verify student status, which I did. More power to me. Now I have to wait until I'm filthy rich and can buy an Xbox... and takers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: