*spoilers, boss battles*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamiri
Human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What do you get from beating Urtat, anyway?
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Urtat gives xp, about 2 levels worth, and I believe 300 gold.
CGman
Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FallenAngel - thanks for the excellent guide. If you believe it, I had gotten to this point in the game rather easily without ever actually understanding what chi was. No longer, and a good thing too, as I suspect it will come in handy.

Mark - this game is incredible. More lavish praise when I beat it. Thanks for making my summer.

Oh, and is that all you get from Urtat? I was very insistent on sticking around to beat him because warriors one optionally bests in battle in TSE have a way of coming back to help you... Wink

~Yair

Last edited by CGman on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The game is incredibly easy if the dificulty is set to easy.
Jamiri
Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CGman wrote:
Oh, and is that all you get from Uriat? I was very insistent on sticking around to beat him because warriors one optionally bests in battle in TSE have a way of coming back to help you... Wink

~Yair

No, this one won't come back afterwards as a friend...
adam315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Boss battle Reply with quote
Hello! everybody know how to defeat Ick Thelloth on Containment Block with Kaltos, Charlotte, Enshadu?
I'm on level 79!!! please help me...and this game is really good :D
Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For Ick Thelloth, try using Smokescreen with Charlotte, then using Slay with Kaltos, casting Damn with Enshadu every few turns, and attacking or blessing Kaltos otherwise.
adam315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
not work! killed me with 6000 or 8000hp Crying or Very sad
Tiavals
Human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try again.

Lower the difficulty to Easy if it's higher.

Use Recover with Kaltos if he's low on HP, and Heal with Enshadu.

Use Charge with Kaltos before Slaying, and wait until you have Overdrive(wait until his action bar is full, then wait some more until it's yellow and attack then).
adam315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks! Laughing I killed it
reavenk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about advice for killing Ick Thelloth with 3 Musketeers. It seems on easy at level 83 I can't even have all 3 just defend for that long, let alone attack and take reciprocating damage.

It seems that drain life items do more damage to me than good, I can't dodge, or item heal/party heal fast enough, and I can't take turns with heal abilities and recuperate. The biggest problem is when my guys start dying and resurrecting, he throws 3-5 of those arcing mud slings in a row.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ick Thelloth is the one battle in the game where there's really no substitute for healing. The only way to beat him with three musketeers is to gather up every item you can that has a healing effect throughout the game, equip them all, and demonstrate a lot of patience. I haven't done it myself, so I have no idea how hard it is, but since he can also inflict undodgable poison and I believe a weak direct absolute damage attack to the currently targeted person whether you attack or not I imagine even with all the healing items you can hold it's quite tough.
DesertDweller
Human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
After trying several times, I found a good combination for beating Ick Thelloth on Normal, and it worked well enough that I would say it could extend to Hard.

I had Charlotte, Mericious, and Denever, and basically this is what I did:

Before: Make sure powder imps, aurora, heal, slay, and recover (especially recover) are decently appointed points. I rarely use my recover points or whatever they're called so this wasn't much of an issue. Put any magic/health rings on Denever and any extras on the others.

Charlotte: Powder Imps. That's basically it. Her main purpose was to mitigate the damage done by the magic attacks that sprout from the monster. She's not very useful for much else except maybe an occasional black bullet.

Mericious: Aurora and occasionally Heal. There really isn't much to say. The magic attacks are deadly, so stock up on aurora protection early. Heal only to help Charlotte survive, as you need her powder imps to help also.

Denever: Slay, (Charge?), Recover, Recover, and more Recover: If everybody else in your party dies, use recover with Denever until at least Mericious is casting Aurora again. (pause your energy usage if you make it back to full health) If you don't have enough Aurora protection, one round of the magic spurt can devastate you.

When you get a chance, have at least 2000 hp, and the TARGET is Denever to receive retaliation damage, let out a slay or charged slay. Recover back to 2000 hp. The TARGET will probably be on someone else unless Denever is the only one left. Never attack unless you have at least 2000 hp and the target is you. Save energy to pass the time.

Doing this, I could get into a decent cycle of micro-management. Mericious recovered to enough hp and chi to survive one round of that brown bouncy goop attack, and Charlotte 0-3 or so typically depending on how lucky a lady she happened to be.

Using this strategy, I could always garner enough protection around Denever to safely make a slay attack such that even if all went awry I could safely recover to 2000 hp or so. Remember that if you don't have any Aurora protection and the other characters die, with one round of the magic attack you're pretty much gone.

It's slow, but it works well.
DesertDweller
Human

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow. Just ran through Ick Thelloth on Absurd with Mericious, Grace, and Pyan-Pau. It was the easiest boss battle I've encountered so far.

I've focused my strategies on giving Grace an excellent Smokescreen. It currently has 70% + 12% (bonuses) to yield 82% dodge rate.

I gave Mericious and Pyan-Pau decent Aurora and Strike stats, then went at it with Aurora and Smokescreen, occasionally healing when need be.

After a good couple of minutes like this, I then switched to having Mericious (my offensive priest) do Strike and having Pyan-Pau heal. Occasionally I would switch roles to have Pyan Strike and Mer heal so Pyan wouldn't die.

Doing this it was REALLY easy. I played through the whole battle on cheetah mode (or whatever the fastest is called) and encountered no difficulty whatsoever. Noone even came close to falling. o_0

Anyway so if you want a really easy Ick Thelloth battle get two priests and a musketeer and strike it to death! Very Happy
abhifx
Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you desert dweller. just what i needed. got stuck there... even on an easy level Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: