Post your stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Post your stats Reply with quote
I felt that it'd be a good idea to have one thread for all these. You know that statistics screen you get at the end of the game? Take a screenshot of it, upload it to some image hosting website, and post the link here for all to see.

Here's the screen from my first run through the game (Normal Unlocked, Kaltos Charlotte Enshadu):
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7426/penultimafu6.png

And here is my newest run in Hard Locked mode, with Ionae, PyanPau and Denever.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7262/armyofthreefm0.png

Now all I have left is to do Absurd with the three remaining characters. One thing's for sure, I am going to miss Powder Imps a great deal.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
How many levels did you have to grind to have performed that many attacks on your first run? I didn't have half that number. I forgot to take a screenshot, but I did hit the "save text file" thing (I'll crop out the items though, because who cares?):

Quote:
Statistics - David ( Normal,Unlocked )

Kaltos
---------------------
Knight's Health (10)
Hack x 374 (10)
Slay x 45 (13)
Thunderstrike x 34 (0)
Recover x 170 (12)
Brace x 329 (6)
Swordfaith x 330 (10)
Fortify x 10 (0)
Might (21)

Charlotte
---------------------
Musketeer's Health (6)
Aimed Shot x 428 (22)
Explosive Shell x 20 (0)
Lucky Shot x 442 (18)
Enpowder x 19 (0)
Black Bullet x 348 (20)
Smokescreen x 80 (11)
Powder Imps x 9 (0)
Lucky Lady (13)

Enshadu
---------------------
Priest's Health (16)
Strike x 49 (0)
Heal x 357 (17)
Blessing x 18 (0)
Sprite Summon x 48 (12)
Damn x 11 (0)
Aurora x 114 (13)
Wrath x 678 (22)
Chosen (9)

Total Time: 31:29:11
Battle Time: 17:17:59
Battle Time ( cycles ): 57789
Damage Dealt: 1029327
Damage Received: 843154
Number of KOs: 89

Clearly, you spent a little more time leveling than me, so I have to wonder why my total time's so much higher. I guess it's because I was ludicrously inefficient during a few battles--ESECIALLY the second Crone (who is, by the way, probably responsible for about two dozen of those KO's--forgetting I had aurora and unable to protect Enshadu and, subsequently, Charlotte, and with Kaltos foolishly having hack as his ONLY attack at that point in the game, the battle boiled down to Kaltos, with brace and recover, standing firm and bashing down the sheilds with hack whenever they appeared while his teammates spent the vast majority of the battle on the ground, letting off whatever attacks they could during the brief periods between standing up and falling down again. Took forever but I was just blown away by the epicness I had escalated the battle too, though going back to that save once I had a bit more experience and redoing it significantly disillusioned me due to how easy she really was) and I foolishly ended up fighting the spiders in The Maw three times (that I won; a fourth which was spent learning that they will regenerate from the beginning if you let them). Still. . . defence vs offence, I suppose. I used brace 6.5 times as often as you, aurora twice as much.

edit: On further thought, it's much simpler than all that--I often leave my computer, with the game paused, for large periods of time, for meals or while I'm running errands or whatever. I've especially done that a lot with this game, and will probably continue to. Therefore, lots of time racked up without me actually at the computer (both in and out of combat).

Last edited by Brickman on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nillo
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Am I the only one who likes Powder Imps more than anything? Seriously, that skill saved me countless times (for example against the spiders in the Maw that you mentioned). I'm playing with Grace now though so I'll have to manage without it. Meh.

I agree that the Crone is tough, probably one of the toughest boss battles. I had to replace almost all my skill points, but I managed to kill her on the second try.

Grinding levels is really easy and fast if you find the right place. There are a few areas in the game where you get into a guaranteed fight against only two enemies. So go in there repeatedly, set the speed to max and enjoy the quick experience. Smile
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nillo wrote:
Am I the only one who likes Powder Imps more than anything? Seriously, that skill saved me countless times (for example against the spiders in the Maw that you mentioned). I'm playing with Grace now though so I'll have to manage without it. Meh.

Powder Imps is considerably my favorite skill.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't use powder imps nearly enough--I was too attached to brace and aura. There were a few cases, though, where it was powerful even unleveled--any ammount of imps killed those butterflies in the jungle, and if a single unleveled imp bottle was almost enough to stop one of Ick Thelloth's magic attacks, I bet leveled it would've been a pretty powerful defense (sadly, the person who had powder imps was also the only person attacking in that battle). I'm gonna make a point of investing in it next run.

Oh, and the crone's not that bad if you use Aurora to guard against the laser beam and maybe something like fortify to soften the physical attack, along with any of the attacks that get bonuses against undead or large targets. I suppose she'd be a pretty nasty fight if you had sharpshooters but no priests, though.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to double post, but I just finished my second run, this time on hard mode. I'd like to point out again how impressed I am at how the story is different for each character--especially the difference for Denever vs Enshadu at the end. "Page Left Blank"=super-duper ominous.

Differences:
-After seeing how effective it was near the end, and remembering how screwed my knight was in the enclosed space levels, I used thunderstrike for the whole game. Don't regret it.
-I used just over half as much recover and just under half as much brace, while using a lot more heal and aurora. Part of that was also that I used trick a lot, which also slightly reduces the ammount of healing/defense you need. Another part is that my knight last time was mostly stuck on defense whenever swordfaith wasn't available and hack wasn't effective. I also used a lot more of both powder imps, whose power to cheat poison, multihits and explosive shells is great fun. Smokescreen, however, remained my "desperation" move, reserved for covering my butt if someone fell until they could be revived (with the notable exception of the final boss, whose first form more or less demands it).
-I tried to make fortify work. I really did. It just didn't. I'm sorry, it's just not that effective, and moreover it's effects aren't that visible. Or maybe it's that I tended to select my armor based on skill bonuses rather than armor value, and since my armor was thus fairly low to start with a fixed increase offers proportionally less reduction in damage. But mostly I think it's just not good enough.
-I intentionally made PyanPau a staff fighter this time, as opposed to wrath. Having trick influenced this, since now I didn't just have one skill using my weapon level. In the end, though, I ended up using both strike and wrath, AND trick, because some areas favor concussive and some areas favor magic. I intentionally ignored spirit summon, because I really don't like it.
-The first time through I more or less only used blessing during chapter four's test-your-strength machine and nothing else. This time I stayed like that most of the game, but when I got stuck on west ascension and noticed PyanPau's equipment already gave a huge bonus to it I figured I might as well try it. Coincidentially, the first attempt after sinking points into blessing to further buff Denever's thunderstrike was the time I made it through, so I guess there's something to that skill, even if you can't really see it at work.
-It's funny how I never missed trick or aim high the first time through, but used them to tremendous effect this time while sorely missing explosive shell and damn, which I only really "discovered" the value of near the end of my first run. Nobody's missing core skills, but they're all useful. Anyways, I dumped ALL my points out of aimed shot and into aim high immediately after slaying Ick Thelloth, since I knew there were more or less no more large enemies left (just batiste part one) yet every single battle left involved multiple targets of which I would want to be hit any one of my choosing.
-Significantly less lucky shot, significantly more aimed shot/aim high. Partly it was being able to shoot at back rows, but partly it's that when I realized just how much they resisted magic I shifted my tactics against the late-game chi-sheilders from "ignore the sheild" to "pummel the sheild with stuff like thunderstrike and aimed shot until it breaks and you can pummel the monster".
-Although only one shows up, I actually tried staggering blow at least a dozen times against urtat and the faith armors, and possibly a few others who I could only hurt with charged faithstrikes, desiring the large damage modifier. However, with no points invested, it wasn't all that effective, as evidenced by the fact that only once did I survive to the next save point after doing so. I'm gonna try investing in it next game instead of strike and see what happens.
-A lot fewer KO's, a little more damage dealt and recieved, and just a bit more battle time.
-For some reason, I had to grind a few levels in chapter 8 to reach its bosses/chapter nine at the same level as my first game, and that's after a little bit more grinding in 7 too I believe. Why? Do experience values go down when you're on a harder difficulty? If so, again why?
-I very nearly gave up and skipped undead Urtat Underval, mostly because I forgot that he dropped a decent reward, but I persisted and he fell eventually. Hate that guy. Otherwise, bosses were almost universally easier now that I knew what I was doing, while regular enemies were all much, much harder now that I was on a higher difficulty level
-That said, Batiste's final form was significantly less pathetic this time. Not enough to stop me though.
-The monsters of chapter eight. . . that place is scary. I spent so many lives there, it's almost sad; I shudder to think how I would have survived if I hadn't been using Thunderstrike (which I wasn't first game).

I'm sort of torn between trying another hard with a nonstandard party or moving on to absurd (possibly with a standard party, possibly with an extra priest). I can't think of any way of doing this that's likely to have me seeing Mercious's story anytime soon, because who wants a priest who's "angry" during the key boss fights (on the other hand, he's "nervous" during chapter eight. . .)? Maybe absurd with two priests?
Jamiri
Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally finished the game for a second time. The final boss is definitely a tough one in hard mode.

I will now take a break from this wonderful game. However, I will surely come back and play it again with the last three characters I haven't tried yet.

So, here are my stats:

Statistics - My Party ( Hard,Unlocked )

Mericious
---------------------
- Gravecall
- Robes of State
- Gharl's Foul Tongue
- Ruby Ring of Health
- Ambassador's Ring
- Flowing Necklace of Self-Healing

Priest's Health (23)
Strike x 11 (0)
Heal x 732 (17)
Sprite Summon x 1 (0)
Damn x 280 (10)
Wrath x 2022 (21)
Chosen (21)

Ferwin
---------------------
- Colossus
- Grim Harvest
- Scythe Shield
- Berzerker's Ring
- Rolling Ring of Skyfury
- Gnarled Talisman of Minor Party Heal

Knight's Health (23)
Hack x 784 (0)
Slay x 1167 (21)
Thunderstrike x 54 (0)
Recover x 585 (20)
Brace x 4 (0)
Swordfaith x 166 (0)
Fortify x 6 (0)
Might (23)

Grace
---------------------
- S4-A Silverlock
- Durantium Plated Vest
- Stout Belt
- Cobalt Blue Ring of Magic Protection
- Azure Blue Ring of Magic Protection
- Trickling Necklace of Self Healing

Musketeer's Health (23)
Aimed Shot x 516 (0)
Explosive Shell x 4 (0)
Lucky Shot x 328 (0)
Flashbang x 11 (0)
Black Bullet x 1798 (23)
Smokescreen x 166 (22)
Lucky Lady (23)

Total Time: 15:30:58
Battle Time: 10:14:52
Battle Time ( cycles ): 120830
Damage Dealt: 2368056
Damage Received: 2107541
Number of KOs: 217
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback guys. It's always interesting to see people's stats.

Quote:
-I tried to make fortify work. I really did. It just didn't. I'm sorry, it's just not that effective, and moreover it's effects aren't that visible. Or maybe it's that I tended to select my armor based on skill bonuses rather than armor value, and since my armor was thus fairly low to start with a fixed increase offers proportionally less reduction in damage. But mostly I think it's just not good enough.

I'm not too worried about it as I found it useful in playtesting even after I finished nerfing it. I'll consider rebuffing it if it proves unpopular with many players. The same goes for Flashbang and Staggering Blow.

Quote:
-For some reason, I had to grind a few levels in chapter 8 to reach its bosses/chapter nine at the same level as my first game, and that's after a little bit more grinding in 7 too I believe. Why? Do experience values go down when you're on a harder difficulty? If so, again why?

XP stays the same on all difficulty levels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: