Unreleased Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Unreleased Music Reply with quote
Here is all of the unreleased music from The Spirit Engine 2:

http://www.syntesis.org/bank/The%20Spirit%20Engine%202%20-%20Unreleased/

My favorites are:
Ascension of Batiste
Miniboss Battle~~ (replaced by Falling of the Ice)
We Keep on Fighting (replaced by Crimson Limit)

-- Info:

Ascension of Batiste (Unreleased Track)
Unused... (but actually there is a bit of this at the end of the credits)

Bomb in the Barracks (Old) (Unreleased Track)
This version contains a sample of a military officials on a radio which was inappropriate to the setting

Confrontation at the Mind's Core (Unreleased Track 1)
Originally this track featured a more prominent urban drum beat, it didn't feel appropriate in hindsight.

Confrontation at the Mind's Core (Unreleased Track 2)
So the next attempt was this more intense cinematic percussion attempt and then distorted drums. In the end, it was subtle combination of both of these that worked.

Deathly Descent (Unreleased Track)
This was originally for the scene where the airship crashes. The intensity of the track didn't fit anywhere, though, in the end.

A Lost Dream X (Unreleased Track)
I wrote this ages and ages ago, before this track was really fleshed out. Talk about misused instrumentation! I had wrote this before I really started to dig into the scripts and stuff.

Mammarian Warsong (Unreleased Track)
This was originally for the battles in Chapter 7 in the jungle. Suffice it to say, this didn't show up in the game. This does feature some interesting vocals though.

Miniboss Battle ! ~~ (Unreleased Track)
I'm not sure why I like this so much, but I definitely do. I think the orchestration here is a bit stronger then in the version in the game, but the guitars kill it.

Misc Hymn (Unreleased Track)
Originally drafted for somewhere in Chapter 3 with the cathedral or potentially even for the opening of the eye (which I had originally imagined to be a ritualistic scene). (This is actually the reasoning behind the name of "Into the Eye."

New Dreams (Unreleased Track)
Ah, I like this until the strings come in. Bagpipe-tastic.

Out Worlders (Unreleased Track)
The version of this in premonitions was one of Mark's favorites so I tried to flesh it out. Didn't work.

Prayer to the Aulder (Unreleased Track)
This was intended for a ritualistic scene in Chapter 9 where the Aulder ruins were opened for the very first time.

Tears of the Moon (Music Box) (Unreleased Track)
Tears of the Moon (Unreleased Track)
This was the original theme of the game and was written for string quartet. It is heard as an underscoring throughout many many tracks and is featured in the Game Over music now.

Waking Up At The Inn (Old)
I just ended up just rescoring this to be more relaxing and less pragmatic. Mostly the same though as the version in the game.

We Keep on Fighting (Unreleased Track)
A way too intense and into-it battle theme for its original intention of Chapter 1 - although I personally really like this track it was not destined to go into The Spirit Engine 2.

Enjoy.

Last edited by TwiTerror on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Niahak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is great stuff, thanks for sharing it! Smile

I like We Keep on Fighting especially, but it does seem like it would've been overly intense for Chapter 1.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is fantastic Josh, thanks for posting. Very Happy

I especially miss 'Ascension of Batiste', Outworlders' and 'Tears of the Moon'. 'We Keep on Fighting' is epic and awesome too, but I wasn't too keen on the electronic sound for the setting.

It seems crazy to leave these great tracks out in retrospect, but their place was taken by other pieces.
Rogue
Human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Unreleased Music Reply with quote
TwiTerror wrote:
In Externum Deus - A pretty epic battle piece that I wrote for the final battle. Didn't really use it though because I wrote "Medea's Final Conflict" a few weeks later from scratch.

I am a fan of epic final battle music. Why isn't this included?
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oops, I forgot these!

A Fight Begins
Completely inappropriate battle music! It's got Tears of the Moon in it though (;

Black Magic (Old)
This is the same track from "The Spirit Engine OST" marked as a bonus remix track. It's not intense enough imo.

A Lost Dream (Vocal Test 1 & 2)
My good friend Espen Gätzschmann from Trax in Space helped me put these together which eventually convinced me to purchase the vocal library and do it myself. The bagpipes from Vocal Test 1 were very inspiring (if you hadn't noticed).

In Externum Deus
It's epic, just not epic enough.
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My favourites are Tears of the Moon and A Battle Begins.I think it is really sad these beautifull creations are not included in the game.I have nothing more to say.
FurryRage
Human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hehe, thanks a lot, I was looking forward it since you told you were going to put them online someday.
I already liked the first two a lot (we keep on fighting and a lost dream w/ electric guitar)
Now I'll listen to the others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: