Why

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Why Reply with quote
i would like to ask why was the group taken to world eight and i'm sorry if it was explained in the talking scenes but i would like a answer. it is quite a unique and odd place all the zombie fish i encountered in the ship reminded me of murlocs from world of warcaft haha
TwiTerror
Musical Maestro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The party is trying to return to Longreach to intercept Batiste and company before they find Isabelle. The tiquits (sp?) are the flying creatures that offer their assistance in transporting the party back to the mainland and to Longreach. Unfortunately, just before they arrive, the creatures pass over the ancient ship and are frightened. This causes them to descend rapidly and leave the party at the Adjanti ship.

Hope that helps. The ship is supposed to be extremely old and dates back to when man had more technological prowess. The creature inside is what has driven everything to madness, as it has been trying to get them to break through to his chamber and set him free.
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for explaining it to me
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This transition is a little contrived, and not quite a clear as I would have liked. I might tweak the opening dialogue a little.
monsoonasiian
Human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocked the ship kind of reminds me of that movie event horizon which i only just watched recently not the greatest movie but still kind of got me hooked, but i guess what kind of reminded was the ship lol, the ghosts, and all the crazy things inside.

btw if any1 else saw the movie i would like to ask when the doctor got his eyes taken away and said where we are going we don't need them, then he gets sucked into space later when he comes back, his eyes are back odd, going into a bit to much detail haha.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw Event Horizon when I was slightly too young. My Dad rented it out from the local video store thinking it was a standard sci-fi film. I remember the recording of the crew eating each other particularly creeping me out.

It's not a perfect movie as you say, but it has some interesting scenes and I think it has quietly quite influential in some other sci-fi creations since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: