Does anyone know a way to get a Knight to do Ethereal damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
euthanatos
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Does anyone know a way to get a Knight to do Ethereal damage Reply with quote
Does anyone know a way to get a Knight to do Ethereal damage

The Black Death sword gives ~+95 ethereal bonus

wondering how my knight can exploit this

am I correct that none of his attacks seem to do ethereal and no one can buff him to do such an attack? I know priests can do ethereal by using summon sprite but they can't cast that on others.

Thanks
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi euthanatos!
Because there is no armour reduction against ethereal damage, only a percentage resistance, there is less need to worry about stacking it to make it useful.

I've had a quick look through the item database and to my knowledge the only other items that add ethereal damage for a knight are:

Grim Harvest +35 ( armour, Chapter 8 )
Skull Twist +28 ( ring, Chapter 8 )

There is also at least one item for a knight that gives Sprite Summon:

Azoth ( sword, Chapter 7 )

You can download a viewing program for the item database at http://www.thespiritengine.com/Files/TSE2Misc/ArrayEditorItems.exe Place it in your install directory before running it. Do note that many of the items in there didn't make it into the final game.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you'd like any more information.
Brickman
Human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The trick is that damage bonuses are added to ALL attacks, not just attacks of the same type. However, an attack with multiple damage types has each soaked separately, so a piercing attack with a +12 bludgeoning bonus wouldn't see that +12 do anything unless the opponent had a bludgeoning soak of 12 or less, which basically does not exist after chapter two. However, noone soaks ethereal. It's something that confused me too at first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Detailed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: