Czech translation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lu Mong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Czech translation Reply with quote
Hi there. About five years ago I stumbled across TSE1 and I instantly fell in love with the game. I was very pleased when I found out(few hours ago) that the second TSE is already made.

My point is that I really like it and feel like contributing my bit to the work, so I could try to make a translation into Czech, which is my native language.

From what I tried, it supports unicode all right and if I am not mistaken, then nobody else is making a translation to this language.

So if it helps at least a bit, I am prepared to start(right after I finish playing the game, of course. Who would want to spoil the fun by seeing all the dialogs BEFORE meeting them in actual game) Laughing
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Lu Mong! Sorry for the late reply.

I'm very happy but slightly surprised to hear that the game supports unicode. I remember looking into this last year for another language, and it didn't seem to work. Maybe the latest build of MMF has allowed this.

Either way, I'd be very happy to see a Czech translation of the game! Thank-you.
Phenomen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TSE2 perfectly supports unicode (I translate game to Russian). But there is still bug with untranslatable main characters names. Waiting for hotfix...
Lu Mong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great! So, I finaly started the translation. Unicode is indeed supported and working alright.
Lu Mong

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finaly translated all items, skills and most of global entries and started the translation of quests and story texts.
I just encountered quite a problem. I am not sure how to solve inflextion of Char names, which is different for male and female chars in Czech.
Anyone tried to solve this before for another language?
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I am not sure how to solve inflextion of Char names, which is different for male and female chars in Czech.
Anyone tried to solve this before for another language?

If you're talking about cases, why not replace CHAR1, CHAR2 and CHAR3 with the character in the case needed? And the male/female thing is not a problem either - just select values for the listboxes "02 - dependant 1" and "03 - dependant2" at the top of the window.
Quote:
Unicode is indeed supported and working alright.
A bit stupid queston, but how to write in unicode instead of ascii? I'm using the standart windows cyrrilisator, but all the text in game appears in latin letters with all kinds of dots and lines above and below them.
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I could add another class-specific tag to parse-replace in patch 1.07. (similar to HIS1, CHAR1 etc )

I'm confused about the encoding issues too, and how the font encoding interacts with MMF2. ( Even if the system has the unicode version of Arial, will MMF2 use it, or default to ascii or one of the larger iso standards? ):

From the wiki entries for Arial:

Quote:
Version 2.76 or later includes Hebrew and Arabic glyphs, with most of Arabic added on non-italic fonts.

Version 5.00 added support for Latin-C and Latin D, IPA Extension, Greek Extended, Cyrillic Supplement, Coptic characters.

Quote:
The Unicode standard is in version 5.0 as of early 2007

If v5.00 was released in 2007, is it possible that Arial under WinXP doesn't have full Cyrillic support by default?
GiB
Human

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
If v5.00 was released in 2007, is it possible that Arial under WinXP doesn't have full Cyrillic support by default?
Now, this explains a lot. I'll see what I can do about it. I'll also try to make a small program or something which is going to convert the translated text so far in unicode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // TSE-2 Feedback and Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: