Alpha version 1.03 in development

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // Brass & Steel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Alpha version 1.03 in development Reply with quote
Working on version 1.03 at the moment.

Up and coming:

- Hills
- Better urban environments
- Squad experience levels
- Victory conditions

I had a great playtest session with the new urban population today. A Tiger commander was spotted in the village, where it blew apart my approaching scout car with a long ranged shot. My pursuing Shermans rolled in after it and were shot up by panzershrecks! The Tiger disappeared, nowhere to be seen, as my tanks withdrew to the outskirts and waited for my infantry to arrive. An enormous house-to-house firefight then broke out. My commandos held out for fifteen turns under a hail of bullets, fighting from the ruins, before finally succumbing. The elusive Tiger returned on the flank as the street fighting died down, shot up my Firefly in a duel, rumbled through the wreckage and promptly got brewed-up by a 6 pounder as it lost its nerve and tried to retreat.

I have a lot of fun with the game when it manages to produce dynamic stories. Can't wait to get a campaign mode set up, but that's a long way away still.

Jimbob
Human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That sounds and looks amazing... I need to give it a good go one of these days... it was just too much of a headscratcher with not a lot of direction in the first release...

Now I understand why games like Advance Wars really had to hit you with the tutorials! Razz
abhifx
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i tried the alpha version and i am pretty much impressed. quality is gaining speed and the full screen looks good Very Happy i wish this will have some storyline too, i love TSE's for that.
the game has started to match up the quality of battle for wesnoth and this is great. keep working mark
Geos
Human

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's getting better and better every time I check it, really great work, Mark!
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks guys! I'm working to tidy up 1.03 ready for release at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // Brass & Steel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: