Arachnid's Grove--- helllpp!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
he idea ( with good intentions!) was that since the order you could do the three quests in was variable, they would adjust to try and provide a constant difficulty, rather than the first one you attempt being too hard / normal and the following ones being too easy because you've levelled up.

That idea is not wrong.

Quote:
to allow for some amount of power levelling as a means to make them easier, rather than harder.

Would be a good solution.
So you have the challenge: can I win the next fight without levelling up? But you can be sure to be able to make it if you level up.
I remember when I first played I chose Clara, Pippa, Samuel (no Healer!) and chose "wrong" skills to develop (like Sam with sharpshoot) and it was hard but it worked in the end. So maybe you weren?t so far away from a perfect balance.
Raito-tse
Human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hah well... I'll try again but for now, I'm taking a break from the game.

Well, Granael had like 7k health when I took him on... (or was that 6k? I don't recall). I'll try and see if I have any save games from much earlier.

And actually, I wasn't trying to power level but rather, in many other games I've played, it's recommended to keep raising your levels by partaking in many battles. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to land even a scratch on the boss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: