Basic Skills Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamyum-tse
Human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Basic Skills Challenge Reply with quote
Having beaten the TSE countless times with I believe all character combinations and read the guide by Mr.Nobody, I was trying to find some harder challenges to beat the game again. Here I present the "Basic Skills Challenge".

Challenge rules (for the veterans only):
1) Any character combinations are allowed
2) Any skills can be used.
3) Any items and talismans can be used.
4) The player cannot, at anytime during the game except when the story forces it, to invest skill points into skills that unlocks at level 5 or level 10. To be more precise, whenever a player has a choice of where to invest skill points, one may not invest into anything into right column (ie. no investing in sharpshoot, magic bullet, power shot, dynamite, lasoo, rock rain, rainbow, celestial lightning, kinetic smash, life drain, party bless, silver bullet, holy bolt, spook summon, or hand of the god. However, it's OK, say, when Matthieu advances 2 levels of HotG in world 1 forced by the story.)

Maybe the exception can be taken away, I don't think it matters too much. I've just beaten this with Clemeta, Zepher, and Eiffsford at level 48. I can assure you this is very fun, and very challenging at times. In particular, even the Anadroid thing that chases you in world 2 becomes a challenge, as this challenge forces you into a slow battle. Also, Tza Tse becomes hard when his shields build up, and needless to say, the 2nd stage of the last boss was crazy.

Enjoy~ and please let me know if you have more challenging ways to play TSE.
ROD
Human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, maybe this rule:
only unfamiliar skills allowed

e.g., try a party like that:
Clemetas party heal
Pipi Life drain
Samuel Sharpshoot

Its also interesting how, knowing the game already,those skills donīt "fit" with the character, itīs funny (well kind of Confused )
Mark Pay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congratulations! That is a fairly tough challenge to set - as you said some battles are considerably harder without the high damage-per-second of the 2 mana skills.
I like that suggestion too ROD. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Spirit Engine Forum Index // The Spirit Engine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: